January 20th Grand Rapids Griffins 8U Jamboree
BIG TIME ROCKING 8th Annual "Griffins 8U Mite Jamboree" at Van Andel Arena on January 20th.
A MESSAGE FROM THE EVENT ORGANIZERS
Please make certain everyone involved from your association, especially your coaches, understands how this will work:
- All players, coaches and families will enter the arena through the main North entrance (off of Fulton) due to new security measures implemented at the arena this season. We will not be using the side entrance this season for player drop-off/pick-up.
- Players and coaches will enter the building through the north end of the arena and head towards the meeting area underneath the main stairs (follow the signage). This location is where players/coaches will be picked up by Griffins staff members to head back towards the changing areas, as well as dropped back off following their time on the ice. All parents can plan on picking up their players at this location only following their games.
- Players and Coaches are NOT ALLOWED in the building before 11:45 am. You will be standing outside before that time.
- Only players and 1-2 coaches per team will be allowed in the dressing area. NO PARENTS.
- Players and Coaches will be escorted to your dressing area by Griffins staff members only. There will be folding chairs with curtains set up to separate the team's dressing areas. We ask that you please understand and have patience regarding the close quarters in regards to the changing areas. Have your players keep their belongings in control. If you have the option, have your kids dress before they come to the rink.
- Parents & Fans ... go to the stands via the arena main entrance on the north side of the building. You are only allowed in the lower seating section.
- Coaches - be ready to tie a lot of skates!
- Bring a big helping of patience - it is controlled chaos with 48 teams and close to 500 eager players coming and going! We have a huge group coming out this season – much appreciated.
- Be ready to go at your published 'game' time. We only have one minute of changeover time between 'games' and can't get behind.
- All teams have a schedule of play/rest/play/done. Keep your team close or on the bench between games so you are ready to go.
- This is about the kid's experience playing in the Big Rink, and not the quantity of ice time they receive. Please appreciate that we get to play 34 minutes where many of the current Red Wings have played!
Make a Grand Rapids Hockey Day out of Saturday!
- The big event is the GREAT SKATE WINTERFEST at Rosa Parks Circle (two blocks from Van Andel) with the Griffins players!
- There are many restaurants in the downtown area
- The Grand Rapids Public Museum (six blocks from Van Andel)
- The Grand Rapids Market is open
- Take advantage of all of the downtown GR environment!
Finally, if you haven't purchased tickets yet, please do so asap - we (District 6 8U teams) will have over 1,000 people in the stands related to this event!!! The first 2,500 people through the doors that night get a special Griffins Calder Cup giveaway.
Make certain your players fully drink in the experience of the day and evening. We are ALL creating life memories!!!
Remember - it's always ONLY about the kids!